Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More news from Florida

We didnt go looking for dolphins. We went to checkout Venice beach and pier, and the dolphins were there waiting for us! So close and so active! It was raining. Did I tell you it rains in FLorida? Often! But I guess as the dolphins were already wet, it did not matter to them. Me? well I thought it was well worth getting completely drenched to watch them play.

Then off to Orlando (serious site) which is the home of the Disney theme parks.
I visited EPCOT - which stands for the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, and includes the world showcase. I SOARED over California... (don't forget to raise your feet... you may lose them on a mountain ridge! ... Laughed around the Finding Nemo exhibit which combines the story with huge aquariums, yawned my way through the Lion King (sorry Simba, Timon and Pumbaa!), and we missed Spaceship Earth which dominates the whole place because it is being refurbished.
Then off to tour the world! I bought New Zealand Kiwi cream cake for my hosts, Wine from California, fried rice from China, pastries and coffee from France, and my French T shirts!! In case you havent realised it, there is a dining festival on right now.

No comments: